- Click the page to which you want to add a question
- Click Add question
- In the Name box, type the question or field name (forms), e.g. ‘Date of birth’
- [Optional] In the Comments box, enter your comments or provide additional information about the question
- If answering the question is required, select the box under Required. Respondents will receive notification when they did not answer the question.
- Select the type of question: Date selection
If the question requires a date selection, choose one of the following answer types:
- Year – Select this option when respondents need to enter a year, e.g. their year of birth
- Month / Year – Select this option when respondents need to enter a month and a year
- Day / Month / Year – Select this option when respondents need to enter a date, e.g. their birth date
The respondent can select a year, or a month and a day. The advantage to selecting an open question in which a date is entered is that someone can select a date and does not have to type anything. It is therefore less error-sensitive. However, it is not possible to set a period limitation.
- Click Save
- You will see the page you just generated
- If necessary, you can edit, delete or move the question