When you want to collaborate on a text directly in Viadesk, without uploading a new document, you can use a Text item. A Text item is a combination of a note and a wiki page, with multimedia functionality.
Just like in a wiki, every edit a user makes is saved as a new version of the text. That way, every group member can easily view previous versions and restore an older version of a text when necessary.
Users can also view a comparison showing the differences between two versions (a so called ‘diff‘), where additions and deletions are clearly marked:
- New additions are displayed on a green background,
- Deletions are marked red, with strike-through text.
This enables all collaborators to review how a text progressed.
Pictures and video sharing
In a Text, you can also:
- add images, in different formats and aligments (left, center or right aligned); and
- share videos and slides from external sites like Slideshare, Vimeo, Prezi and YouTube.
- Click Add
- Select Text
- Add text to the Text
You can also add metadata:
- Select the relevant Predefined tags beneath the available Labels
- Enter additional Tags
- Click Save
When you add a text you automatically follow the text. Read more at Notifications.